|Zubin R. Mulla|
Workshops and Training Programs Conducted:
School of Management & Labour Studies,
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai-400088, India
Worked in change
management initiatives for manufacturing and service industry and have
managed large-scale programs such as TQM, TPM, Lean Manufacturing, New
Product Development, and Six Sigma.
Publications and Writings:
49) Impact of Empowering Leadership and Trust on Attitude towards Technology Adoption. [with Parul Parmar] NMIMS Management Review. (2015)
48) Sara Lizia D'Mello: Leading Change in Society. [with Cherie-Ann Periera] Journal of Case Research, Volume 6, Issue 1. pp. 1-21,(2015)
47) Tata Motors: Compensation Restructuring. [with Vineet Soni & Tanushree Mishra] Ivey Publishing 9B15C017.(2015)
46) Impact of a Sudarshan Kriya Based Occupational Stress Management Intervention on Physiological and Psychological Outcomes. [with A. Vedamuthachar] Management and Labour Studies.39(4):381-395,(2014), [full text]
45) Engaging Self-Concepts for Organizational Excellence. Kaustubham.(2015) [full text]
44) Kautilya versus Thiruvalluvar. Inspiration from Indian Ancient Classics for Ethics in Governance and Management [with Gerrit De Vylder]. Globalization for the Common Good Initative.(2014, Conference, Waterberry House,Oxford) [full text]
43) Wages in the Indian Bureaucracy: Can Kautilya's Arthashastra provide an answer? [with Gerrit De Vylder]. Great Lakes Herald, Volume 8, Issue 2,pp. 16-39.(2014, September) [full text]
42) Ecosystem Perspective: A must for today's leaders. Employers' Federation of India National HRM Summit.(2014, October 9-10) [full text]
41) Swadharma and the Parable of the Sadhu. Bhavan's Journal, Volume 60, Issue 4,pp. 23-27.(2013, September 30) [full text]
40) Openness to Experience and Work Outcomes: Exploring the Moderating Effects of Conscientiousness and Job Complexity. [with Gouri Mohan]. Great Lakes Herald, 7(2) 18-36, September, 2013.[full text]
39) Pay and Performance. In B. Srivastava and M. Mohapatra (Eds.), Performance Management System: Readings and Cases. (pp. 117-130). Excel Books, 2013.[full text]
38) Leader Motives, Impression Management, and Charisma: A Comparison of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. [with Tanvi Shah]. Management & Labour Studies, 38(3).pp. 155-184. (2013). DOI: 10.1177/0258042X13509736
37) Identifying drivers of engineers’ voluntary turnover: An application of Survival Analysis.[with Kanchana Kelkar, Manisha Agarwal, Swati Singh, Nalin E. J. Sen]. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, (in press).
36) Karma-Yoga: The Indian Model of Moral Development.[with Venkat R. Krishnan]. Journal of Business Ethics, 2013, DOI 10.1007/s10551-013-1842-8.
35) Karma-Yoga, the Indian Philosophy of Work and Schumacher's Theory of Good Work. In Hendrik Opdebeeck (ed.): Schumacher Reconsidered: Advances in Responsible Economics, 2012.
33) Transformational leadership and Karma-Yoga: Enhancing followers' duty-orientation and indifference to rewards.[with Venkat R. Krishnan]. Psychology and Developing Societies, 24(1),: 85-117, March, 2012.[full text]
32) The role of pay and leadership in developing organizational commitment[with Vaibhav Dhawan]. South Asian Journal of Management,18(2):60-75, 2011.[full text]
30) Can an entrepreneurial personality compensate for a boring job? The influence of proactive personality and job characteristics on employee engagement levels. [with Pearl D’Souza]. Journal of Entrepreneurship, 20(2):207-226, 2011. [full text]
28) The big three determinants of performance: General mental ability, personality, and emotional intelligence. [with Renjini Mathew]. Great Lakes Herald, 5(1): 1-12, 2011. [full text]
27) Do emotionally intelligent people do well in all jobs? Exploring the moderating role of interpersonal interaction. [with Shrutika Jadhav]. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective,14(4): 247-254, 2010. [full text]
26) Transformational leadership is the key to innovation in organizations. Kaustubham, Sept., 2010.[full text]
25) The art and science of work. Godrej Magazine, Jan-Apr, 2010.[full text]
24) An exploration of the Indian mindset. [with J. B. P. Sinha, Shailendra Singh, Parvinder Gupta, Kailash B. L. Srivastava, R. B. N. Sinha, Sanjay Srivastava, Anjali Ghosh, Roomana N. Siddiqui, Nachiketa Tripathi, Meenakshi Gupta, Sweta Srivastava, C.Vijayalakshmi, & Ashish Pandey]. Psychological Studies, 55(1): 3-17, 2010.
23) Do Karma-Yogi’s make better leaders? Exploring the relationship between the leader’s Karma-Yoga and transformational leadership. [with Venkat R. Krishnan]. Journal of Human Values 15(2) :167-183. 2009.[full text]
22) Strategic Human Resource Management in Indian Companies: Development & Validation of a Scale [with R. K. Premarajan]. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective 12(2): 35-46, April-June, 2008.[full text]
21) Transformational leadership & creativity: A conceptual investigation. Welingkar Research Journal,(2008)
20) Wages and industry characteristics: The impact of value added per employee, establishment size, and industry growth. Management & Labour Studies, 33(2):275-289, May, 2008.
19) Understanding visionary leadership. Godrej Magazine.Feb, 2008.[full text]
18) Emotional intelligence & Helping behaviours: The Role of Self-other agreement [with R. K. Premarajan and Madhukar Shukla]. Great Lakes Herald,2(1):1-19. Mar, 2008.[full text]
15) Do transformational leaders raise followers to higher levels of morality? Validating James MacGregor Burns' hypothesis in the Indian context using Karma-Yoga [with Venkat R. Krishnan]. 12th edition of the APROS colloquium, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon, India, December 2007.
14) Transformational Leadership in India: The Case of Naoroji (Naval) Pirojsha Godrej (1916-1990), Welingkar Research Journal, Aug, 2007. [full text]
13) Business School Research in India: Seeking the Why of Management, Management & Labour Studies, 32(2): 257-264, May, 2007. [full text]
12) Money-Is it really a motivator?, Management & Labour Studies, 31(4): 361-369, November, 2006. [full text]
10) Corporates in India cannot afford to be ethical? Management & Labour Studies, February, 2003. [full text]
9) Follow the leader, Human Capital, January, 2002. [full text]
8) Make them ringmasters, The Economic Times, 16th October, 2000. [full text]
7) The organization of the future, Business Today, January, 2000. [full text]
6) Be human, me hearties, The Economic Times, 25th October, 1999 [full text]
5) The dream factory, Sapphire Newsletter, October 1999.
4) Promises of a paradise lost, The Economic Times, 12th December, 1998. [full text]
3) Douse the dirty dozen, The Economic Times, 21st December, 1998. [full text]
2) The role of positioning in marketing, www.rediff.com [with H. Athavle, D. Bhattacharya & M. Kumar].
1) HR - Beyond 2000, www.hrfolks.com
[with R. Agrawal] [full